For Singaporean Students
1. As a Singaporean studying in a government or government-aided school, your child/ward can use his Edusave funds to pay for both approved fees and school enrichment programmes. Currently, we have to seek your authorisation to make withdrawals from your child/ward’s Edusave funds for each school enrichment programme, as and when payment is required.
2. To save you the trouble of signing and returning the Edusave withdrawal authorisation form multiple times in a year, MOE is introducing the Edusave Enrichment Programme Standing Order (Edusave EPSO), akin to the payment of fees using GIRO. With the Edusave EPSO, you will only need to give authorisation once, for Edusave withdrawals from your child/ward’s Edusave funds for enrichment programmes. This one-time Edusave withdrawal authorisation will remain valid throughout your child/ward’s school years.
3. We will continue to seek your consent for your child/ward’s participation in our planned programmes for the year, without which no Edusave withdrawals will be made.
4. If the balance in the Edusave account is insufficient, cash will be payable. You may also choose to terminate the Standing Order at any time.
5. We invite you to complete and return the attached authorisation form by today.
6. We have also attached a set of FAQs for your reference. If you have any further queries, please contact Mr Siddique at 68836903 or Ms Tan Lay Yen at 65107075.
FAQ for Parents/Guardians for Implementation of Edusave Enrichment Programme Standing Order
Q1. What is the Edusave Enrichment Programme Standing Order (Edusave EPSO)?
The Edusave EPSO is a one-time authorisation from parents/guardians to make withdrawals for the co-payment for enrichment programmes from your child’s/ward’s Edusave account.
Q2. What happens after I sign the Edusave EPSO?
Once parents/guardians have signed the Edusave EPSO, the school will make the Edusave withdrawals for the enrichment programmes which parents/guardians give consent for their child/ward to take part in. If there are insufficient funds in their child’s/ward’s Edusave account, the shortfall will have to be paid in cash.
Q3. What if I do not sign the Edusave EPSO?
Parents/guardians who do not wish to use Edusave will have to pay cash for the enrichment programmes.
Q4. After I have authorised the Edusave EPSO, can I then decide not to continue using the Edusave funds to pay for the enrichment programme charges?
The authorised Edusave EPSO will apply to the enrichment programme charges for all school years and levels in a government or government-aided school. However, parents/guardians can terminate the Edusave EPSO anytime and choose to pay cash for the enrichment programme charges.
Q5. How will I be kept informed of the Edusave EPSO transactions?
The school will continue to notify parents/guardians of the programme cost, student co-payment amount and the Edusave withdrawal amount when seeking their consent for their child’s/ward’s participation in the enrichment programmes. The withdrawals will only be done for those enrichment programmes which parents/guardians have given consent for their child/ward to take part in. Parents/guardians will continue to receive an annual Statement of Account showing all the Edusave transactions for the year.
Q6. What happens if my child/ward does not eventually attend the course(s) paid for through the Edusave EPSO?
If the child/ward is absent for valid reasons, the school will (where possible) refund the Edusave amount withdrawn to his/her Edusave account.
Q7. What happens when an enrichment programme is cancelled after the Edusave withdrawal has been made?
The school will (where possible) refund the Edusave amount withdrawn to his/her Edusave account.
Q8. Will I have to sign the Edusave EPSO again when my child joins a new school?
Unless terminated by parents/guardians, the Edusave EPSO authorisation will remain in force as long as the child/ward is in a government or government-aided school.